Print

E-Mail Story

Comment

News Letter Sign up


The reason why Gal Gadot reportedly won’t be in the ‘Wonder Woman’ sequel


November 14, 2017

4 Images
Things aren’t so wonderful on the set of the “Wonder Woman” sequel film.

Page Six reported this weekend that Gal Gadot, the star of the hit 2017 film about the super heroine Wonder Woman, reportedly won’t play the titular character in the film’s sequel if director and producer Brett Ratner stays attached to the film.

Ratner, who has been accused of sexual harassment and misconduct by six women, helped fund the original “Wonder Woman” film, making millions off the project.

According to Mashable, Ratner’s RatPac-Dune Entertainment production company “owns a piece” of the film that racked up $821 million so far this year.

Gadot canceled an appearance at an awards event last month after the reports surfaced online about Ratner, who denied any inappropriate behavior.

An unnamed source told Page Six that Gadot is looking to use her Hollywood clout to help weed out Ratner.

"She’s tough and stands by her principles. She also knows the best way to hit people like Brett Ratner is in the wallet," the source said. "She also knows that Warner Bros. has to side with her on this issue as it develops. They can’t have a movie rooted in women’s empowerment being part-financed by a man ­accused of sexual misconduct against women."

Warner Bros. announced that it plans to severe all ties with Ratner after the allegations came to light, according to MovieWeb.

Warner Bros. called the reports from Page Six “false,” adding that they’ve already cut ties with Ratpac Entertainment.

“Even if the story is false, it was already reported that Warner Bros. has cut all ties with Brett Ratner, so it may be a moot point. Still, its impressive to see Gal Gadot take a stand for a cause she believes in so deeply,” according to MovieWeb.

“Wonder Woman 2” is slated to begin filming in 2018.

Print

E-Mail Story

News Letter Sign up

Bookmark and Share
« Previous Story | Next Story »
 

COMMENTS

http://www.connectstatesboro.com/ encourages readers to interact with one another. We will not edit your comments, but we reserve the right to delete any inappropriate responses. To report offensive or inappropriate comments, contact our editor. The comments below are from readers of http://www.connectstatesboro.com/ and do not necessarily represent the views of Publication or Morris Multimedia.

You must be logged in to post comments.  [LOGIN]



You must be logged in to post comments.  [LOGIN]